GET SUPPORT 24/7
When you need help with life’s challenges — whether it’s personal, financial or legal concerns — call the Medica® Optum® Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Master’s level specialists can help you find answers and resources to tackle the tough issues you and your family face. This service is available at no additional cost to you, as part of your benefit plan. Your call and conversations with EAP specialists are kept confidential, in accordance with the law.
With EAP, you have access to:
- Five counseling sessions per issue per year covered at 100%.
- Legal and mediation services to help with will and trust preparation, child support or custody concerns, divorce, adoption and more. You receive a 30-minute legal consultation at no cost (in person or over the phone). If you decide to hire an attorney, you’ll get a 25% discount.
- Financial advisor support to help with debt, financial planning, foreclosure and more.
- Child care referrals and support to help take care of elderly parents.
- An online resource, LiveAndWorkWell.com. Access a robust collection of interactive resources and information that will help you with the everyday challenges of work and life. Enter the access code “MEDICA” when you visit the site.
- Community resources, like support groups.
- Help with dependency issues, like alcohol, tobacco, gambling or drugs.
- Education resources and career consulting.
EAP specialists are available anytime, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year at 800-626-7944.
This program should not be used for emergency or urgent care needs. In an emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room. This program is not a substitute for a doctor’s or professional’s care.